Monday, January 15, 2007


Yesterday I went to the 4th annual Natural Hair Care Expo in Baltimore and I had a blast. I spent waaay too much money but its all good cuz I was supporting my peeps. At least 80% of the people wore locks. I been having satin hair bonnet woes so I decided to buy 3 locsocks. www.soclocsoc.com
I slept in one last nite so far so good. I just love how versatile they are. So far I like wearin them better than the satin bonnet. And, if I need to get up and run out for errands I don't have to take it off. For those who aren't quite ready to commit to locking, there was a sister(Marion Council-George doing a techneek (new to me) which uses either synthetic or human hair to attach locs. This process took about 1 and 1/2 hours and cost about $200.(pic 2/) You can check out site here: http://www.goodhair.com/dbt.asp Some of the natural hair gurus that you see on the web were there. And of course Sisterlocks were represented. There was a consultant and one of her clients there. I was able to put in my 10 month 2 cent experience. Overall, I had a GREAT time seeing my folks exhibiting their creativeness and making natural hair 'Do what it do!' I've been told there's supposed to be another expo in DC next month. If so, I'll be there Lord willing.

4 comments:

Maryee said...

I need a locsoc bad!!!

Anonymous said...

CHECK OUR WWW.LOCKSCRUNCHIE.COM. THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT ACCESSORIES FOR HAIR AND EVEN LOCK JEWELRY TOO.

Anonymous said...

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A HAIR ACCESSORY INSTEAD OF THE LOC SOC TRY THE LOCK SCRUNCHIE..THEY HAVE A BUY ONE GET ONE FREE SPECIAL GOING UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. AND THEY HAVE A LOT TO CHOOSE FROM, THEY ARE MORE FEMININE. THE WEB PAGE IS www.lockscrunchie.com

Anonymous said...

LOC SOCS ARE $7 EACH AT CHEAPLOCSOCS.COM. PLUS YOU CAN ORDER LOC SOCS WITH AN ELASTIC BAND ON EACH END..THAT WILL LAST MUCH LONGER. WWW.CHEAPLOCSOCS.COM