Saturday, January 13, 2007



Lock Venture Changes! These are 10 month comparison shots of what my hair looked like on March 13, 2006 & January 13, 2007. Ten months ago today I sat for about 9 hours and received a life altering transformation. Who knew that allowing my hair to 'be' would free me mentally, physically, and spiritually. Sometimes I look at my locks in the mirror and offer Praise and Thanksgiving to my Creator for giving me the PERFECT hair texture for locking. I went home to Texas for the holidays and I can't remember exactly what I was doing but it had to do with admiring my locks. My son said Mom you've become so vain since you got locked. I told him it wasn't vanity just confidence. If you feel what I mean holla at me. I know I'm not the only one cuz I visit blogs regularly and I see in others faces what I feel. I haven't had my hair retightened since 12/9 so it's not as neat as freshly tightened locks but that goes with being au natural. I'd like to say Thanks to all the ladies who created blogs showcasing their Sisterlocks. Before I made my decision I would stalk blogs trying to decide if I was gone get up offa that several hundred dollars. I tried a cheaper route with comb coils for about 3 weeks and couldn't stand all the flakiness and up keep they would require. Blogs dedicated to SL's help me know that they're what I wanted and it's a decision I haven't regretted. Hey, if you're out there and you come across this post and you're wanting to be free from scalp burns due to perms. Hair that grows but doesn't stay for long. Are you tired of trying to live up to a standard that is unattainable? Tired of givin the Koreans all your $$$? Consider going natural or getting any type of locks that suits you. Try it you just might love it. And finally to the creator of Sisterlocks(tm) Dr. Joanne Cornwell, In the words of an old skool hit 'Thank you for lettin me be myself agin!'

1 comment:

C & C said...

All I want to say is... AMEN Sista, Amen! I'm hollering because I touch and agree with you. Peace