Monday, February 19, 2007


When I last posted I showcased my hair in Bantu Knots. After I finished, I searched for Bantu Knots in blogs and the net in general. Some suggested that the hair should be two strand twisted or plaited before wrapping the hair around itself. Guess what? I didn't do this. I just wrapped the hair ,after washing, and put a rubber band at the base to keep them in place. I slept in them all nite and this morning before finger fluffing, I put some Sheajoba on my hands to give my hair a little moisture cuz as I've said b4 my hair leans toward the dry side Maybe next time I'll follow what was suggested to see if I get a different look. Well I can say the Bantu Knot set is similar to the look I get when I leave my hair braided and banded and let it air dry. But, I think this look is a little more fluffier than the braid out. BTW, my hair seems a whole lot longer. It could be that the hair was stretched as it was wrapped around itself. Or maybe it really has grown to this length. It has reached the base of my neck which makes me smile from ear to ear. Who coulda thunk that leavin the hair be could produce growth and length. I'm also noticing that my ends are changing too. Those of you who have Sisterlocks know what the ends are like in the initial stages. Many of my ends appear to be rounding off and they have less of that loose scraggly look that are common to Sisterlocks whether you start completely natural or with permed ends. This lets me know that I'm on the right road to lockdom. Additionally, I love the fact that with this Bantu Do and with natural hair I don't have to use a lot of products and particularly heat to achieve fantastic styles. I'm also gonna try to attempt an updo with these worlds of curls and I've got it in my mind to try the Soft Spike curlers or the Caruso curlers next. You know my hair is feelin and lookin more lockish everyday. I suspect that I may be completely locked within the next 6 months.

6 comments:

C & C said...

(sings)*i wanna thank you for lettin me be myself...again*, oh yeah about those bantu's...you did a great job! your knot out is to die for. i tried it the other day and my hair was sticking up all ova the place smh. i will try them a little later when i gain some length. peace

Brenda said...

Your locks look great! Nice curl. How did you ever sleep on them, though??! SoftSpikes would be much more comfortable!

Jenn Jenn said...

Your hair is growing !!! WOW !!! I am glad you are loving your hair.. ;)

Jenn Jenn

TwoIslandsGirl said...

Those bantu knots are cute! I know what you mean about hair length. It's amazing to see the difference in allowing hair to be in its natural state. It grows so fast!

Mel said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

*Coop* said...

Wow. After a year, your locs look so mature. They're so thick and beautiful! I can't wait. Only 10 more months for me! ;-)