Wednesday, June 13, 2007


Been such a long time since I posted. I'm 15 months locked and still luvin it. My hair is doin it's own thing. It's grown a lot in my opinion. It now reaches the the bottom of my neck. It's headin toward my shouldas. Sometimes, I do the white thing where I jerk my head to get my hair out of my face. I think that's sooooo cool to be able to do. I've recently tried Carol's Daughter products. So far, so good. I've been workin on gettin rid of lint build up that I have on the locks at my neck. I've tried the Apple Cidar Vinegar it does help remove buildup but didn't remove the lint. I'm still coverin nitely with my locsoc. Soon, I hope to get someone to use tweezers and remove the buildup that way. I tell you this, when I get it out, hopefully completely out, I'm going to stay on top of it this time. When I initially got my locs installed I used to wash every 2-3 weeks. I now wonder if I would've washed weekly, like I do now, if I would have the lint monster stalking me. I now luuuuv washing my hair weekly. I stopped braiding and banding at the 1 year mark. I still spritz almost daily. And, the thing I think my hair loves best is water. I have only one minor complaint with my locks. Even tho it's been 15 months my hair isn't locked all the way to the ends yet. Some have locked to the end but, most still have the curly Q ends. Sometimes I look at locks with color and long for that but, I must admit that I'm kinda scared to do it cuz I heard it dries the hair. My hair tends to be on the dry side naturally so I don't want to add to this. I also started exercisin on the regular at my 1 year mark and I'm still at it. Since then I've also stopped eating meat. Occassionally, I'll eat an egg or veggie country bites which have a little egg in them so that I'm still gettin protein. I'd always thought I couldn't live without eatin meat but I've survived this just like I thought I couldn't live without the perm. Who da thunk? Well I'm all writ out. It's been a long day and I'm tryin to wrap up my school year. One more day for the kids and 2 for the staff. Lord, I've never worked a regular school year this long and it's killin me. If I were still in Texas, I'd be on Summer break by now. O well that's what I get for movin. But before I go, I need to remind you that I STILL LOVE WEARIN MY SISTERLOCKS.

6 comments:

Mali said...

Hi Valencia! Your hair is so pretty and healthy-looking. You wear your locks well. Congrats on your 15 month mark as WELL as your vacation! My friend is a teacher, too and I wish I was off with you guys!!!

still waters said...

Congrats!!

And my 2 personal favourites are 'Broadway' & 'Softspikes unleashed' Your locks are lookin good gurl!!!!

one love still

C & C said...

Hi Jaz,

its me locizm! just wanted to congratulate you on those beautiful locs and your healthy lifestyle.

peace

Brenda said...

Your hair is coming along so nicely! Love to see it in person! Did you get the info I sent? If not, here it is Saturday, June 16 at 1pm at Rock Lobster, located at 221 N. Columbus Blvd (Delaware Avenue) near the Ben Franklin Bridge - Phone 215-627-7625. Hope you can make it!

Cashana said...

Loving your hair. You seem to really enjoy them as well. I tagged you also...

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Whoa, I looove your locks, especially in the curly style. Bee-yoo-ti-ful!

Oh, so are you becoming a vegetarian? If so, welcome :-) It's not as hard as some people make it out to be.