Sunday, January 06, 2008

Nappy New Year! I wish you all God's blessings and guidance in 2008. Hold onto His unchanging hand and you'll get both. I'm tryin to be all about taking care of this temple as naturally as possible in 2008. I experienced a diagnosis of a slightly higher cholesterol (221) in August '07. I rejected the doctor's suggestion that I go on medication. I began eating oatmeal daily the kind that comes in the little packets and I mix in a handful of Quaker Oats Steel Cut Oats. According to what I read on the net, Steel Cut oats are supposedly very good for lowering cholesterol. I also starting walking to work which is about 4 miles. I don't walk everyday and I've slacked up a little since it's gotten colder here in Maryland. But b4 the time changed I was living in a different place that was about 3 miles from work and most days I would walk to and fro. I would carry clothes to school or just leave them there and when I arrived I would clean my body and get dressed. I work at a school so showers are available. Now becuz the time has changed, I only walk to work. But when the Spring returns I'll being doing to and fro agin. It takes me just over an hour to walk 4 miles. Since I make it a part of my regular day/routine I don't have to worry about paying $ to join a gym or trying to schedule it in. I've lost weight and I've saved gas $. I haven't returned to the Dr. for a followup but I'm maintaining this routine without medicine. I shared this story with my nephew some months ago and he sent me a copy of a book titled Cleansing or Surgery. It details a man's unsuccessful journey with traditional medicines. He shares how he used some untraditional natural methods to cure what was ailng him and eliminated his need for surgery. Well, one of his suggestions I decided to begin yesterday. It's called an Intestinal Clease. I started it yesterday morning and I'll just spare you the details by telling you so far it's working (several times) a day if you know what I mean. It's real easy but it's has me feelin slightly woozy. Not excessively though. 4 times per day I'm supposed to mix psyllium husk 1 teaspoon with 1 teaspoon of black strap molasses in 8-12 oz. of warm water and after each dosage I follow that with 8-12 oz of just water. Now, I'll be honest and share that I haven't been able to get that fourth dosage down but I'm gonna try. And did I say this is suppose to be done for 3 months? He promises that it will eliminate the pot belly, improve health during and after. He also encourages eating more raw fruits and vegetable during the cleanse. I read somewhere that Blackstrap Molasses is suppose to naturally color gray hair. I have a few noticeable grays at my temple and I'll let ya know if this works. This book also tells you how to do a Kidney cleanse, Gallbladder Cleanse, Urinary Tract Cleanse, Lemonade Diet, Tooth Cleanse and Heart Cleanse. I'm sure I won't be doing all these but I'll try to see this intestinal cleanse through. Well I just wanting to holla at y'all and say what's up. Be blessed and I'll keep ya posted on my cleansing.

1 comment:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Hey I give you props for taking your health into your own hands. I'm sure at the rate you are going you will lower your cholesterol in no time. Speaking of cleanses. I didn't know there was so many out there. I'm on the Lemonade Diet as we speak. I'm only doing it for the minimum time required, I only have one in a half more day to do! Thank God! ANyhow I wish you luck on this cleanse. You can do it just stay focused and remind yourself everyday why you are doing it. Well take care,

V