Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Today Marks the 9th month of my Sisterlocks. My hair is budding all over the place. And the growth is surprising to me. Sometimes I'm walkin and I feel my locks bouncin on my neck and I start smilin inside and out. Sometimes I look in the mirror and thank my Creator for givin me the texture of hair I have. Can u imagine that what I once thought was a curse I now consider a blessin. Is there anyone out there like me who likes the frizzies and how they make your hair look when you need a retightning? Many people want to know what to do to get rid of them but I like 'em. I'm still not fully locked but that's ok too. I had it in my mind that by now my Sisterlocks would be swollen from the root to tip. But, I went and looked at an old Sisterlock magazine as well as my consultants 5 year old locks and I realize that they won't puff up at all. Once they're mature they will remain like they are but more relaxed and the curlies at the end will disappear or seal I should say. Hey can you keep a secret? O.k. here it is ... I LOVE MY SISTERLOCKS! shhhhh, Sorry for shoutin. I said I wasn't gone tell nobody but I just couldn't keep it to masef. LOL. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Congratualtions! You are not to far form a year, go head on! Your locks are looking good, can't wait till I reach that point where I can feel my locks on my neck! I luv my firzzie's too and the lil curly ends!

Maryee said...

Congrats on your 9th month anniversary... I wanted to let you know that I occasionally braid and band still because I can create a wave even at this length... It is not required, but I like the look it produces. I have not been able to secure other curl producing products. Posting anon~

Be blessed,
jenaevans~

Anonymous said...

Looking good, nice and healthy. Keep doing whatever you are doing.