Friday, October 13, 2006

It's been a long time comin since I last updated my blog. And you can best believe that a change has come over my locks. I'm still lovin my locks more each day than I did the day b4. I've had a lot of personal changes too. Here's the run down: I sold every stick of furniture I had, packed, left Texas, moved to Maryland, started a new job, got a new place; I'm screamin regularly about the cost of living in the northeast and my one and only child left Texas too and he' goin to college in Chicago. I can't say I'm lovin here like where I come from but I'm adjustin er day. Maybe somebody who reads this can feel me when I say I wanted and needed a change and I did sumpin bout it. I've told my family and friends that I'll give this thing a year. If it don't workout I'll move back home or to sum other place. I had lived in Texas for 46 yes 46 years or all my life and I needed to see what life was like in other places. I've experienced the world thru travel but this is the first time my address has been anything other than Texas. I can say that I enjoy seein lots of brothas and sistas who are livin the locked life without shame or trepidation. I work at a school and some of the other teachers on the staff sport locks. I've even seen upper/central level administrators rockin locks. It's just nice to be in a place where wearin locks are the rule not the exception.

Do you know what today is? It's my anniversary! I was born again (sisterlocks installed) 7 months ago today. I feel little buds near the roots of some of my locks so I think they're well on their way to maturity. I found a new consultant last month from the SL site and things are well. I'm still banding and braiding but, my consultant says that I can stop if I want since my locks seem to have settled. I haven't had any unraveling or except for one teeny tiny lock at the front of my hair which always comes loose when I wash if I'm not careful. I'm still doin very little other than washing and spritzing occasionally. Who knew that freedom and a new sense of self would come with locking my hair. I look forward to the day that I can get a little color and wear a pony tail. Although I haven't posted in a minute, I've faithfully taken pictures on or about my anniversary date. I'm going to attempt to include pictures from June until today and I'd like all the blog readers to show a sista some luv

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Valencia,
Yes it has been a very long time comin from you last blog. I know this blogging thing can be very hard. I can barely keep up. They say Texas is one of the cheapest places to live and I can't imagine the cost of living there. I know you have to be happy about one thing and that's more locked brothers and sisters. You know how is is here in Texas. Most women here sport wigs, extensions, and the Fantasia look. I was recently SLd by Elanine Hill 10.09.06. I haven't even had times to post those pics yet. With graduate school and a 19 month old, it is hard, but I do like to blog.
Hang in There and Keep in Touch!!**

Valenciajaz said...

Nappytexangirl, thanks for droppin by how are your locks comin?


TRA, I been stoppin by your blogspot and chekin you out. Congrats on your new hair cut & job. Your travelin alot these days if your ever in the Maryland/DC area holla. BTW, thanks for the compliment. My locks are doing fine.